- K.G.H. Baldwin, Bruce Chapman, Umbu Raya, August 2015, Using income contingent loans for the financing of the next million Australian solar rooftops CCEP Working Paper 1508.
- Philipp M. Richter, Roman Mendelevitch, Frank Jotzo, August 2015, Market power rents and climate change mitigation: a rationale for coal taxes? CCEP Working Paper 1507.
- Paul J. Burke, Hua Liao, June 2015, Is the price elasticity of demand for coal in China increasing? CCEP Working Paper 1506.
- Libo Wu, Weiqi Tang, May 2015, Efficiency or Equity? Simulating the Carbon Emission Permits Trading Schemes in China Based on an Inter-Regional CGE Model CCEP Working Paper 1505.
- Jonathan Pickering, Frank Jotzo, Peter J. Wood, April 2015, Splitting the difference: can limited coordination achieve a fair distribution of the global climate financing effort? CCEP Working Paper 1504.
- ZhongXiang Zhang, April 2015, Carbon Emissions Trading in China: The Evolution from Pilots to a Nationwide Scheme CCEP Working Paper 1503.
- Luis F. Sanchez, David I. Stern, March 2015, Drivers of Industrial and Non-Industrial Greenhouse Gas Emissions CCEP Working Paper 1502.
- Wei Jin, Zhongxiang Zhang, January 2015, Product homogeneity, knowledge spillovers, and innovation: Why energy sector is perplexed by a slow pace of technological progress CCEP Working Paper 1501.
- Zsuzsanna Csereklyei, David I. Stern, December 2014, Global energy use: Decoupling or convergence? CCEP Working Paper 1419.
- Peter Heindl, Peter J. Wood, Frank Jotzo, November 2014, Combining international cap-and-trade with national carbon taxes CCEP Working Paper 1418.
- Zsuzsanna Csereklyei, M. d. Mar Rubio Varas, David I. Stern, November 2014, Energy and economic growth: The stylized facts CCEP Working Paper 1417.
- Harry Clarke, Iain Fraser, Robert Waschik, August 2014, How much abatement will Australia’s Emissions Reduction Fund buy? CCEP Working Paper 1416.
- Patrick Doupé, August 2014, The costs of error in setting reference rates for reduced deforestation CCEP Working Paper 1415.
- Shuai Gao, Wenjia Cai, Wenling Liu, Can Wang, ZhongXiang Zhang, August 2014, Corporate preferences for domestic policy instruments under a sectoral market mechanism: A case study of Shanxi province in China CCEP Working Paper 1414.
- Teng Fei, Frank Jotzo, August 2014, Reaping the economic benefits of decarbonization for China CCEP Working Paper 1413.
- Jin Wei, ZhongXiang Zhang, August 2014, Quo vadis? Energy consumption and technological innovation CCEP Working Paper 1412.
- Marianna O'Gorman, Frank Jotzo, July 2014, Impact of the carbon price on Australia’s electricity demand, supply and emissions CCEP Working Paper 1411.
- John C. V. Pezzey, Paul J. Burke, July 2014, Towards a more inclusive and precautionary indicator of global sustainability CCEP Working Paper 1410.
- Paul J. Burke, July 2014, Green pricing in the Asia Pacific: An idea whose time has come? CCEP Working Paper 1409.
- Warwick J. McKibbin, Adele C. Morris, Peter J. Wilcoxen, June 2014, The economic consequences of delay in US climate policy CCEP Working Paper 1408.
- ZhongXiang Zhang, June 2014, Programs, prices and policies towards energy conservation and environmental quality in China CCEP Working Paper 1407.
- ZhongXiang Zhang, June 2014, Energy prices, subsidies and resource tax reform in China CCEP Working Paper 1406.
- Jin Wei, ZhongXiang Zhang, June 2014, On the mechanism of international technology diffusion for energy technological process CCEP Working Paper 1405.
- David I. Stern, June 2014, The environmental Kuznets curve: A primer CCEP Working Paper 1404.
- Zeba Anjum, Paul J. Burke, Reyer Gerlagh, David I. Stern, May 2014, Modeling the emissions-income relationship using long-run growth rates CCEP Working Paper 1403.
- Patrick Doupé, February 2014, Reduced deforestation and economic growth CCEP Working Paper 1402.
- Jin Wei, ZhongXiang Zhang, January 2014, Explaining the slow pace of energy technological innovation: Why market conditions matter CCEP Working Paper 1401.
Splitting the difference in global climate finance: are fragmentation and legitimacy mutually exclusive?, Jonathan Pickering, Frank Jotzo, Peter J. Wood, November 2013, CCEP Working Paper 1308
The Economics of Global Climate Change: A Historical Literature Review, David I. Stern, Frank Jotzo, and Leo Dobes, November 2013, CCEP Working Paper 1307
Acting on Climate Finance Pledges: Inter-Agency Dynamics and Relationships with Aid in Contributor States, Jonathan Pickering, Jakob Skovgaard, Soyeun Kim, J. Timmons Roberts, David Rossati, Martin Stadelmann, Hendrikje Reich, October 2013, CCEP Working Paper 1306
China Carbon Pricing Survey 2013 (PDF, 764KB), Frank Jotzo, Dimitri de Boer and Hugh Kater, October 2013, CCEP Working Paper 1305
Emissions pricing, ‘complementary policies’ and ‘direct action’ in the Australian electricity supply sector: ‘lock-in’ and investment, Barry Naughten, July 2013, CCEP Working Paper 1304
Emissions trading in China: Principles, design options and lessons from international practice, Frank Jotzo, May 2013, CCEP Working Paper 1303
Linking Price and Quantity Pollution Controls under Uncertainty, Peter J. Wood, Peter Heindl, Frank Jotzo and Andreas Löschel, April 2013, CCEP Working Paper 1302
Carbon-based Border Tax Adjustments and Chinas International Trade: Analysis based on a Dynamic Computable General Equilibrium Model, Ling Tang, Qin Bao, ZhongXiang Zhang and Shouyang Wang, January 2013, CCEP Working Paper 1301
Jotzo, F., Burke, P., Wood, P., Macintosh, A. and Stern, D. (2012), ‘Decomposing the 2010 global carbon dioxide emissions rebound’, Nature Climate Change, 2(4), 213-214.
Jotzo, F. (2012), ‘Australia’s carbon price’, Nature Climate Change 2: 475476.
Competitiveness and Leakage Concerns and Border Carbon Adjustments, ZhongXiang Zhang, October 2012, CCEP Working Paper 1208
Fuel Choices in Rural Maharashtra, Jack Gregory and David Stern, September 2012, CCEP Working Paper 1207
The CCEP Australia Carbon Pricing Survey 2012: Policy uncertainty reigns but carbon price likely to stay, Frank Jotzo, June 2012, CCEP Working Paper 1206
Published as: Jotzo, F., Jordan, T. and Fabian, N. (2012), Policy Uncertainty about Australia’s Carbon Price: Expert Survey Results and Implications for Investment. Australian Economic Review, 45: 395409.
China’s Energy Reform and Climate Policy: The Ideas Motivating Change, Olivia Boyd, May 2012, CCEP Working Paper 1205
Regional cooperation towards green Asia: Trade in low carbon goods and services, Kaliappa Kalirajan, April 2012, CCEP Working Paper 1204
An introduction to the Carbon Farming Initiative: Key principles and concepts, Andrew Macintosh and Lauren Waugh, April 2012, CCEP Working Paper 1203
Published as: Macintosh, A. and L. Waugh. 2012. “An Introduction to the Carbon Farming Initiative: Key Principles and Concepts.” Environmental and Planning Law Journal 29 (6): 439-461.
Impacts of border carbon adjustments on China’s sectoral emissions: simulations with a dynamic computable general equilibrium model, Qin Bao, Ling Tang, ZhongXiang Zhang, Han Qiao, Shouyang Wang, February 2012, CCEP Working Paper 1202
Published as: Qin Bao, Ling Tang, ZhongXiang Zhang, Shouyang Wang, Impacts of border carbon adjustments on China’s sectoral emissions: Simulations with a dynamic computable general equilibrium model, China Economic Review, Volume 24, March 2013, Pages 77-94
Adaptation to climate change: Formulating policy under uncertainty, Leo Dobes, January 2012, CCEP Working Paper 1201
In Search of a New Effective International Climate Framework for Post-2020: A Proposal for an Upstream Global Carbon Market, Mutsuyoshi Nishimura and Akinobu Yasumoto, November 2011, CCEP Working Paper 1117
The national-level energy ladder and its carbon implications, Paul J. Burke, November 2011, CCEP Working Paper 1116
Published as: Burke, Paul J. 2013. “The National-Level Energy Ladder and its Carbon Implications.” Environment and Development Economicss 18(4): 484-503.
Fulfilling Australia’s international climate finance commitments: Which sources of financing are promising and how much could they raise?, Frank Jotzo, Jonathan Pickering and Peter J. Wood, October 2011, CCEP Working Paper 1115
Who Should Bear the Cost of China’s Carbon Emissions Embodied in Goods for Exports?, ZhongXiang Zhang East-West Center, September 2011, CCEP Working Paper 1114
Published as: ZhongXiang Zhang, 2012. Who Should Bear the Cost of China’s Carbon Emissions Embodied in Goods for Exports? Mineral Economics , June 2012, Volume 24, Issue 2-3, pp 103-117
Financing Adaptation to Climate-Induced Retreat from Coastal Inundation and Erosion, Leo Dobes and Bruce Chapman, September 2011, CCEP Working Paper 1113
Australia’s carbon pricing strategies in a global context, Harry Clarke and Robert Waschik, August 2011, CCEP Working Paper 1112
Published as: Clarke, H. and Waschik, R. (2012), Australia’s Carbon Pricing Strategies in a Global Context. Economic Record, 88: 2237
Where in the world is it cheapest to cut carbon emissions? Ranking countries by total and marginal cost of abatement, David I. Stern, John C. V. Pezzey, and N. Ross Lambie, August 2011, CCEP Working Paper 1111
Five perspectives on an emerging market: Challenges with clean tech private equity, Eric R. W. Knight, August 2011, CCEP Working Paper 1110
Published as: Knight, E. R. W. 2012. “Five Perspectives on an Emerging Market: Challenges with Clean Tech Private Equity.” Journal of Alternative Investments 14 (3): 76-81.
Green fiscal policy and climate mitigation in Indonesia, Budy P. Resosudarmo and Abdurohman, August 2011, CCEP Working Paper 1109
Challenges in mitigating Indonesia’s CO2 emission: The importance of managing fossil fuel combustion, Budy P. Resosudarmo, Frank Jotzo, Arief A, Yusuf, and Ditya A. Nurdianto, August 2011, CCEP Working Paper 1108
Nordhaus, Stern, and Garnaut: The changing case for climate change mitigation, Stephen Howes, Frank Jotzo, and Paul Wyrwoll, July 2011, CCEP Working Paper 1107
How many jobs is 23,510, really? Recasting the mining job loss debate, Bruce Chapman and Kiatanantha Lounkaew, July 2011, CCEP Working Paper 1106
Price floors in emissions trading to reduce policy related investment risks: An Australian view, Frank Jotzo and Steve Hatfield-Dodds, May 2011, CCEP Working Paper 1105
- Carbon pricing that builds consensus and reduces Australia’s emissions: Managing uncertainties using a rising fixed price evolving to emissions trading, Frank Jotzo, March 2011, CCEP Working Paper 1104
Inequality, communication and the avoidance of disastrous climate change, Alessandro Tavoni, Astrid Dannenberg, Giorgos Kallis and Andreas Löschel, March 2011, CCEP Working Paper 1103
Published as: Alessandro Tavoni, Astrid Dannenberg, Giorgos Kallis, and Andreas Löschel. “Inequality, Communication and the Avoidance of Disastrous Climate Change in a Public Goods Game” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences U.S.A. 108 (2011): 11825-11829.
Clean energy technology and the role of non-carbon price based policy: An evolutionary economics perspective, Eric Knight and Nicholas Howarth, February 2011, CCEP Working Paper 2.11
Published as: Nicholas Howarth, 2012. Clean energy technology and the role of non-carbon price based policy: An evolutionary economics perspective. European Planning Studies Vol. 20, Iss. 5, 2012
National energy security in a world where use of fossil fuels is constrained, Hugh Saddler, January 2011, CCEP Working Paper 1.11
Confusing opportunity costs, losses and forgone gains: Assessing the effect of communication bias on support for climate change policy in the United States and Australia, Steve Hatfield-Dodds and Mark Morrison, October 2010, CCEP Working Paper 9.10
Published as: MORRISON, M. and HATFIELD-DODDS, S. (2011), The Success and Failure of An Inconvenient Truth and the Stern Report in Influencing Australian Public Support for Greenhouse Policy. Economic Record, 87: 269281.
Party divides: Expertise in and attitude towards climate change among Australian members of parliament, Anita Talberg and Stephen Howes, October 2010, CCEP Working Paper 8.10
Notes on applying ‘real options’ to climate change adaptation measures, with examples from Vietnam, Leo Dobes, November 2010, CCEP Working Paper 7.10
China’s low carbon transformation: drivers, challenges, and paths, Jiahua Pan, October 2010, CCEP Working Paper 6.10
The economic geography of European carbon market trading, Eric Knight, October 2010, CCEP Working Paper 5.10
Published as: Eric R. W. Knight, 2011. The economic geography of European carbon market trading J Econ Geogr (2011) 11(5): 817-841 first published online October 25, 2010
The role of energy in economic growth, David Stern, October 2010, CCEP Working Paper 3.10
Published as: David I. Stern. 2011. The role of energy in economic growth in Ecological Economics Reviews.
Climate change and game theory: A mathematical survey, Peter Wood, October 2010, CCEP Working Paper 2.10
Comparing the Copenhagen climate targets, Frank Jotzo, October 2010, CCEP Working Paper 1.10
Submissions and policy briefs
Jotzo, F., Australia’s post‐2020 emissions commitment: considerations and comparisons, Submission to the review of Australia’s post-2020 emissions reductions target, April 2015.
Jotzo, F. and Kemp, L. Australia can cut emissions deeply and the cost is low, Submission to the review of Australia’s post-2020 emissions reductions target, April 2015
Jotzo, F., Inquiry into the Australian Government’s Direct Action Plan [PDF 352KB], Jan 2014.
Burke P., Inquiry into the government’s direct action plan [PDF 154KB], Jan 2014.
Jotzo, F., Australia’s energy future in Asia, Submission to the Australian Government White Paper on Australia in the Asian Century [PDF 338KB], March 2012.
Jotzo, F. and Hatfield-Dodds, S., “Implementing Australia’s carbon price floor”, Submission to Australia’s Department of Climate Change and Energy Efficiency [PDF 334KB], February 2012.
Jotzo, F. (2011), ‘Australia’s clean energy future [PDF 101KB]’, Environmental Finance, Dec2011/Jan 2012 issue
Jotzo, F., “A price floor for Australia’s emissions trading scheme? [PDF 435KB]”, commissioned paper for Australia’s Multi-Party Climate Change Committee, May 2011.
Public hearing by the Joint Select Committee on ‘Australia’s Clean Energy Future Legislation’, 26 September 2011: Bruce Chapman, Richard Denniss, John Hewson and Frank Jotzo (starts on p.17 of transcript).
Jotzo, F., Copenhagen targets and Australia’s climate commitment, [PDF, 124KB], October 2010