I am Research Fellow at the ANU Institute for Water Futures working on water economics and policy in Australia and the Asia-Pacific.
My previous research in environmental and resource economics has encompassed: modelling the regulation of multipurpose hydropower reservoirs; the design and application of water pricing; and the resilience of social-ecological systems under risks and uncertainty.
Previously, I was Research Fellow at the ANU Centre for Climate and Energy Policy, General Manager of the Food Energy Environment Water Network and Managing Editor of the Global Water Forum. I have also worked as a consultant on environmental management in the Lower Mekong Basin and as a groundwater technician in the mining industry.
- Evaluating the costs, benefits and governance of large water infrastructure projects
- The economics of drinking water services
- Nature-based approaches to flood resilience, water quality control and carbon removal
- Co-designing innovations in environmental pricing, markets and finance
- Applying risk and systems analysis to water policy