Presented by Fenner School of Environment & Society at the ANU with support from the HC Coombs Policy Forum at the ANU
Rio+20: Towards sustainable development
Wednesday 23 November & Thursday 24 November 2011
Hyatt Hotel Canberra
Commonwealth Avenue, Yarralumla
Professor Brendan Mackey
Fenner School of Environment and Society
ANU College of Medicine, Biology & the Environment
The Australian National University and
Australian Government Department of Climate Change and Energy Efficiency
T: +61 2 6125 4960 E: email@example.com
Session 2 – ‘Scoping the Rio+20 green economy theme’
- Panelist 1 – Dr Michael Smith, Fenner School, ANU
'Sustainable development, resource scarcity and the future of the plant'
- Panelist 2 – Dr Mark Stafford Smith, CSIRO
'Planet under pressure – the London Conference and the importance of science in policy formulation'
- Panelist 3 – Dr Jill Charker, ABS
'Measuring and monitoring progress towards sustainable development'
- Panelist 1 – Professor Douglas Fisher, QUT
'Sustainable water resources governance for the 21st century'
- Panelist 2 – Mr Gerald Miles, The Nature Conservance
'Oceans and a ‘blue economy’'
- Panelist 3 – Dr Hugh Saddler, Pitt & Sherry and Crawford School, ANU
'Energy (access, efficiency and renewables)'
- Panelist 4 – Professor Peter Langridge, Australian Centre for Plant Functional Genomics
'Agriculture, food security and poverty eradication'
- Panelist 5 – Dr Joshua Bishop, WWF – Australia
'Sustainable resource management and biodiversity conservation: opportunities and limitations'
- Background paper. Rio+20: Towards sustainable development (PDF)
- Australia’s submission to the Rio+20 Compilation document (PDF)